The Muckathlon returns to The Eliminator Mountain Bike Festival!
Last year, we decided to turn The Eliminator into a full-blown family-friendly Mountain Bike Festival just like Cream o’ the Croft…….but with the added bonus of tractors and a mind-blowing view of the River Tay.
In order to offer something a bit less downhilly and attract a new type of rider to the festival (and hopefully some trail runners), one of the things we decided to do was dip our wee, pink, perfectly pedicured toes into the murky waters of Duathlon racing, by organising the inaugural Muckathlon in collaboration with Eventfull Sporting Events.
It was just as we’d hoped it would be (mostly), and was a great addition to the weekend. Despite the transition feeling a bit “out-on-a-limb” at the other end of the event village, the feedback we got from the Muckathletes was fantastic and almost everyone said they’d be back for more (although it was tougher than most people expected). Result!
So based on our experiences from last year, we’re bringing the (new and improved) Muckathlon back on September 1st with a few simple improvements to make sure it an absolute belter. Here’s what we’ve changed for this year:
- We’ve made improvements to the “RUN” section with better views, less grassy sections and a more defined trail (wherever possible). If we must use a grass surface for any sections we’ll roll and mow the grass to within an inch of it’s life to make sure it’s as flat and short as possible and expose any potential trip hazards. It will also make it less of a drag to run on.
- We will move the start/finish and transition area into the heart of the festival to create a typical Muckmedden buzz during the start/finish and changeovers.
- We will hold the podium ceremony in the heart of festival to give the Muckathletes the attention they deserve after a tough morning in the hills.
- We will award more great prizes from our drop-dead-gorgeous Sponsors.
- We will ensure there’s a constant stream of warm sunshine and a tailwind (if only we could).
Entries are now on sale and if you like both running and biking you can enter as a Solo for £20, or if you like one thing and your mate likes another, you can enter as a Pair for just £32 . Don’t forget, this is not a hugely technical course (but it is physically demanding) so you can even do it on a Cyclocross bike or Hybrid if you want to. Before and after the race you can also enjoy everything else the festival has to offer, from live music to a licenced bar and it’s all included in your entry fee!* Or why not enter one of the other bike races if you’re feeling really fit?!
*Entry includes weekend festival entry and all activities (but not other bike races or camping).